Thursday, May 17, 2007

School

This past week has left me counting down the days until the weekend or even the summer for that matter. It started Friday when I was told that I was not good enough to get into my major, but to make things interesting main campus has not even made a decision until spring grades came out. So for the first time this quarter I skipped my afternoon classes, which probably was a bad decision because it just fed right into what she thought. Cross your fingers for me that I get into the health science field.
Not only did the advisor tell me I was not good enough but she also gave me no indication of what classes I need to take this upcoming fall quarter. I am in a panic trying to get a hold of another advisor in Columbus to help me out before I have to schedule Monday afternoon.
Many thoughts have been running through my mind, like if I really want to do this major or even if I want to finish my schooling at Ohio State. I have thought about transferring to
Shawnee State, two and a half hours away from my home town, but then again I don’t think I can be that far away from my family. I sit here and debate if I want to do health science or if I just want to be like everyone else in my family and get a business degree to work in the family business. I don’t want to be like everyone else; therefore I am going to push through this, study my ass off, and hope for the best when I get that envelope that has the Ohio State symbol on it.

4 comments:

jessica myers said...

Tabby Tabby Tabby!:)

Oh how I enjoy reading your blog because I can relate to it. Trust me, times will get hard, but eventually you have no where to go but UP!:) Even thought people in the past have doubted your talents, don't let that discourage you. From only knowing your through English, I've come to know and consider you a good friend of mine. Your funny and VERY outspoken...oh wait, that's just like ME!:) lol...It's really funny because you work at basically the same bank I do...but let me tell you one thing. I learned A LONG time ago that only you determine how you live your life and the decisions/choices you make, so don't let some crazy person tell you your "stupid" because your not and you WILL get accepted to your major...I JUST KNOW IT!

as for summer...OH I CAN'T wait...and DONT YOU DARE SWITCH SCHOOLS because someone is ridiculous and told you "you couldn't do it!" PLUS, who would I be able to be OUTSPOKEN with?????? lol

bye girl :)

Cap'n Fatback said...

Tabby--

The links are good, the subject matter is good, and you ate a hard worker. Chin up, and forward we march.

5/5

Cap'n Fatback said...

Oh, and nice comment, Jessica!

NYPRINCESS88* said...

That's the way to handle things tabby. When things go wrong, strive to be the best. Don't blend in with the crowd, be the stranger everyone looks at and admires. I like your positve attitude. I don't care what the advisor says, you are always good and smarter than anyone knows. Prove everyone wrong. Love you!!!! Great post by the way!!!!!